Utilize este identificador para referenciar este registo: http://hdl.handle.net/10400.17/1191
Título: Unilateral Versus Bilateral Prostatic Arterial Embolization for Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms in Patients with Prostate Enlargement
Autor: Bilhim, T
Pisco, JM
Rio Tinto, H
Fernandes, L
Pinheiro, LC
Duarte, M
Pereira, J
Oliveira, A
Goyri-O'Neill, J
Palavras-chave: Hiperplasia Prostática
HSJ URO
Sintomas do Sistema Urinário Inferior
Análise de Variância
Angiografia Digital
Artérias
Biópsia
Estudos de Coorte
Embolização Terapêutica
Artéria Femoral
Modelos Logísticos
Álcool de Polivinil
Próstata
Qualidade de Vida
Resultado de Tratamento
Data: 2013
Editora: Springer
Citação: Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2013 Apr;36(2):403-11
Resumo: PURPOSE: This study was designed to compare baseline data and clinical outcome between patients with prostate enlargement/benign prostatic hyperplasia (PE/BPH) who underwent unilateral and bilateral prostatic arterial embolization (PAE) for the relief of lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS). METHODS: This single-center, ambispective cohort study compared 122 consecutive patients (mean age 66.7 years) with unilateral versus bilateral PAE from March 2009 to December 2011. Selective PAE was performed with 100- and 200-μm nonspherical polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) particles by a unilateral femoral approach. RESULTS: Bilateral PAE was performed in 103 (84.4 %) patients (group A). The remaining 19 (15.6 %) patients underwent unilateral PAE (group B). Mean follow-up time was 6.7 months in group A and 7.3 months in group B. Mean prostate volume, PSA, International prostate symptom score/quality of life (IPSS/QoL) and post-void residual volume (PVR) reduction, and peak flow rate (Qmax) improvement were 19.4 mL, 1.68 ng/mL, 11.8/2.0 points, 32.9 mL, and 3.9 mL/s in group A and 11.5 mL, 1.98 ng/mL, 8.9/1.4 points, 53.8 mL, and 4.58 mL/s in group B. Poor clinical outcome was observed in 24.3 % of patients from group A and 47.4 % from group B (p = 0.04). CONCLUSIONS: PAE is a safe and effective technique that can induce 48 % improvement in the IPSS score and a prostate volume reduction of 19 %, with good clinical outcome in up to 75 % of treated patients. Bilateral PAE seems to lead to better clinical results; however, up to 50 % of patients after unilateral PAE may have a good clinical outcome.
Peer review: yes
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/10400.17/1191
Aparece nas colecções:URO - Artigos

Ficheiros deste registo:
Ficheiro Descrição TamanhoFormato 
CIR 2013 403.pdf471,42 kBAdobe PDFVer/Abrir


FacebookTwitterDeliciousLinkedInDiggGoogle BookmarksMySpace
Formato BibTex MendeleyEndnote Degois 

Todos os registos no repositório estão protegidos por leis de copyright, com todos os direitos reservados.